Saturday, July 29, 2006

Razon's

razons

I have always heard about Razon's fine Pampanga dishes. Coming from a Capampangan heritage, we have always adored food and yes, I have been surronded by good cooks and have eaten in a couple of bountiful family get togethers. The leche flan was one of my favorite. My grandma would make dozens of them for Christmas and New Year. My grandpa (bless his soul), makes the best bopis I have ever tasted. Nothing would compare to how he prepares that dish.

Right after my birthday, we went to MoA just to look around, as I wanted to go out. I saw Razon's as we were thinking of watching a movie and somehow persuaded my friends to try the place out. Since we are all full from my feast, we had Halo-Halo which was their best seller. Their Halo-Halo was not at all like Chowking's. You'd probably think that it was expensive for P60 with only few toppings, but wait till you taste the fusion of all those sweets, you'd definitely agree with me that it was worth it. Their Halo-Halo is composed of minatamis na saging, garbansos, beans and macapuno topped with leche flan.

I have watched a documentary about Halo-Halo before made by Jessica Soho. She compared the Halo-Halo's made from different regions in our country. I distinctly remember the the ssecret to Razon's Halo-Halo was the leche flan since they claim that there is an art in beating and cooking it. It's simplicity has certainly earned its fame.

Razon's
South Wing, MoA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home